THIS IS ABOUT THE RUNWAY OF MY LIFE!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

She Better Mind Her Business - Monique Péan


Necklace from the K' Atun collection

Ring from the K' Atun collection

Earrings from the Tu'Til collection


Ring from the Tu'Til collection

Bracelet from the Inti collection


I have to admit that I am not a "jewelry person."  Besides my oversized hoop earrings and my engagement and wedding rings, I am pretty scant when it comes to adornments, however, when I stumbled across Monique Péan, I became a "jewelry person."  

Inspired by her Haitian heritage and travels as a child, Péan designs jewelry that is reflective of world culture.  Long before graduating from U Penn and working in finance, Monique was encouraged by her mother to pursue her love of art and culture which led to her eponymous jewelry line.  With her use of 100% recycled metals, her commitment to sustainability and having her pieces made by hand in NYC, Monique Péan is my official coveted adornment destination.








No comments:

Post a Comment